
Today I finally did it! I went through bag after bag and bin after bin of baby clothes that no longer fit Levi and I didn't realize how emotional I would become. Folding and smelling these little clothes that were once on my baby boys...Aidan then Jonah then Levi. How fast those years have gone by and what a blur the memories are! If it wasn't for pictures I would find it hard to recall many of those precious moments with any kind of clarity. I suppose we are just too busy, too sleep deprived, too focused on the moment to really cherish all the little things. So I listened to my 3 boys in the other room as they yelled and wrestled and broke about 20 rules and I tried my hardest to just remember the moment... not to jump up to discipline the offender or comfort the offended, but I tried to just cherish the chaos. As if I were an outsider looking in or maybe even the future me, a mother of teenagers who would long for the simpler times...who would savor every hug and cuddle and kiss that I received from these little men. Lord help me to stop and take the time to put life into Your perspective. Lord give me a cheerful heart that makes the memories in the midst of the chaos and the challenges of life.






No comments:
Post a Comment